Lots of major retailers have accepted bitcoin for some time now while other alt coins have not seen much love. As I am investing and mining into Monero right now I wanted a way to easily make a purchase with my Monero without going to an exchange or a service like Shapeshift and trading for Bitcoin.
After hearing about https://www.xmr.to I decided to roll the dice and give it a shot on a $300 dollar Newegg order. It was as simple as this:
- Open XMR.to in a browser tab and click the Create link.
- Go to the website where you will be purchasing your products, in my case Newegg.com, and get to the part where you check out and they provide you with the Bitcoin address and the exact amount of Bitcoin to send.
- Take the address and the exact amount provided and fill in like below:
- Click the create button and you will simply follow the instructions on the next screen as seen below:
- Once XMR.to detects the payment then the screen will automatically change and alert you that your Bitcoin payment has been sent. (Note: the above screenshots are used as examples only and were not actually sent.)
Once XMR.to received the Monero it took just seconds for Newegg to receive the Bitcoin and approve my order.
Was this helpful? Consider a donation!